Spider-man Poster

I have been developing and improving some design techniques in Photoshop, so over the next week or so I want to develop these techniques by making graphic art with the pen tool in Photoshop. The first of these experimental piece was a Spider-man poster. This poster took me over five hours to complete, the amount of layers tested my laptops performance which really made the process slower.

I began by making the silhouette of the giant spider symbol. I then created the small Spider-man in the centre of the poster. I created both of these graphics using the pen tool. I then created the background which was made using a gradient. The gradient was then distorted and filtered using the Wave option, each of the waves were rearranged into Polar-Coordinates. The webbing was the longest process. I began by making a small hexagon and duplicating this hexagon over and over again.

Overall I was pleased with the outcome and this poster really allowed me to explore and develop my technique with the pen tool.

Comments