Karate Kid Poster


Once again this is an experimental piece to help me develop my skills and techniques in Photoshop. This time I have decided to base the poster on my favourite movie, Karate Kid.

To begin this piece I created a black background, I then created a selection using the pen tool to create the selection in the shape of Mr. Miyagi's head. I then cut this out of the black background. After this I got a screenshot of the movie when Daniel is balancing on a pole at the beach, I used this as a reference when I created a silhouette of Daniel balancing as it is an important scene in the movie. 

After this I created a sunburst background, this was using the same technique in the last post. After this I decided that I would add a final touch that would be Mr. Miyagi's headband. I used an image as reference to get the shape in accordance to the silhouette of the head as I wanted it to look like he was wearing the headband. 

Comments